Sytenol® A - A Functional Analog of Retinol From the perspective of topically applied compositions, a small molecule without having the negatives of Retinol that safely mimics the properties of Retinol (Fisher et al., FASEB J,1002-1013, 1996) is a greatly sought after ingredient.
Volcanic plots illustrate the molecular signatures of Retinol and Sytenol® A of a DNA microarray experiment using reconstructed full thickness epidermis. This shows a very similar overall shape, indicating similar overall modulation of gene expressions in the skin substitute model. Multiple comparative studies revealed Sytenol® A to be the true alternative to Retinol (Chaudhuri, In Cosmeceuticals and Active Cosmetics, 3r Edition, Eds., Maibach et al., Chapter 1, 1-18, 2015) for anti-aging applications and does not have the inherent safety & stability issues of Retinol.
A recent randomized, double-blind clinical study between Sytenol® A and Retinol carried out by UC-Davis Dermatologists demonstrated that both compounds significantly decreased wrinkle surface area and hyperpigmentation, with no statistical difference between the compounds. The Retinol users reported more facial skin scaling, burning and stinging. Authors concluded that Sytenol® A is a more tolerable alternative to Retinol (Dhaliwal et al, British J Dermatology, 2018 Jun 27. doi: 10.1111/bjd.16918).
Clinically Proven to Reduce Multiple Signs of Aging
• Human volunteers – 17; 16 Completed; Age – 41 to 60 yrs; Caucasian (14), Hispanics (2)
• Study duration – 12 weeks
• Test sites – Full face
• Test substance – Lotion with 0.5% Sytenol® A; Contains No sunscreen and No moisturizer
• Application frequency – About 2 g twice a day
• Methodology – Expert grading/Self-assessment by panelists (Grading 0 to 4): (1) Roughness & Dryness; (2) Fine lines & wrinkles; (3) Skin tone; (4) Skin elasticity & firmness; (5) Radiance; (6) Brightening; (7) Overall eye-area appearance; Silicone Replica Analysis: Wrinkle depth & Skin roughness; Photography: Before & after the treatments; Readings were taken at baseline, 4, 8 & 12 weeks.
• Statistical Analysis – Statistical significance defined as p ≤0.05
The results clearly showed that, after twelve weeks treatment, significant improvement in lines and wrinkles, pigmentation, elasticity, firmness and overall photo-damage was observed, with no irritating effect on skin. Based on these results and the comparative studies of Retinol and Sytenol® A done by Sytheon, we conclude that Sytenol® A is the first true Retinol-like anti-aging product (Chaudhuri & Bojanowski, Intern J Cosmet Sci, 36(3):221-230, 2014).
Get the remarkable benefits of Sytenol A in Revivinol "Unretinol" Serum here.